Thursday, February 7, 2008

Name That Poo! Contest Winner!

Thanks to everyone that emailed their entries to the Where is Caton Contest: Name That Poo! I'm pleased to announce that we have a winner! Though I had many spirited attempts, none got more than 3 out of 5 correct, save one. Melanie of Minnesota, USA got a perfect score!

Congratulations to Melanie. She really knows her sh**!

By the way, the correct answers were as follows:

1B: That isn't an entire elephant dung; it's just a piece (I couldn't possibly pick up the whole thing). The bits of wood (from tree bark) tell us that this had to come from an elephant.

2E: Lion scat will closely resemble that produced by your neighborhood dog or cat. In this example, it's clear that the lion had consumed a good deal of fur. The fur is clearly visible in this specimen.

3A: Despite its size, the Southern Giraffe produces remarkably small dung. It's a bit like a llama; the pieces are small, but they are quite numerous. Giraffe dung pieces have tell-tale indentations on both ends of their cylindrical shape.

4D: This wildebeest dung has been partly processed by resident dung beetles.

5C: Horrifying, I know!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'd like to thank my family for putting me through so much sh**, my friends for putting up with my sh**, my ex-boyfriends for being sh**heads, and coworkers for piling so much sh** on me over the years. My life has been blessed with an enormous amount of sh**, and it has obviously paid off. :)