Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A Grievous Oversight

I received a recent email from my new friend Kristina from Wisconsin, who I met on my whitewater rafting trip just outside Cusco, Peru. You may have noticed that I failed to mention Kristina in my Peru blog entries. Suffice it say, Kristina also noticed my failure to do so. Rather incensed, she took it upon herself to send me a transcript of my conversation with her. In deference to this oversight, I've elected to include said transcript below. My additions are in italics.

Caton: Hi, I'm Caton.

Kristina: Hi, I'm Kristina.

Caton: Oh my god, you changed my life. Thank you for your inspiring words of wisdom, and your unselfish offerings of kindness. You have truly shown me "the way". I was about to trek up to Machu Picchu to take a nose-dive off the top, but instead I will continue my round-the-world trip and periodically update my blog on my happenings, depending on the internet connection in each geographical region I'm in. You also cured my paralysis.

Kristina: Oh, okay. That's great, and not at all creepy. So, do you have a last name, Caton?

Caton: It's Walker. Caton Walker.

Kristina: You were paralyzed, you say?

Caton: Well, not anymore. Duh. I met you! So, can I email you after I leave Peru?

Kristina: You bet. Just as soon as I make up a false email address.

Seriously, this girl's got quite an imagination. They're growing more than corn up in Wisconsin.

2 comments:

Beuk said...

Stop doing drugs Caton. Drugs kill.

Caton Walker said...

Hey, I didn't come up with this stuff. Kristina did. :)

Also, I MUST be on drugs. When I originally created this post, I misspelled "grievous" as "greivous."